Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Checks for Secret Doors, Sucker!

While I was reading the Arandish Campaign House Rules 2011, I noted the bit about Secret Doors. I was a little surprised reading that, and suddenly realized that I've never used a roll for secret doors. Nothing. Nada. Niente. I think this is because of my Second Edition Heritage, since, as far as I know, there are no rules in there to automatically find a secret door! Except, of course, for the elven/dwarven special ability. So, how have I dealt with secret doors for all of that time? The answer is simple: accurate description. Something like "pushing a brick in the wall makes the door open", or "rotating the right hand of the statue clock-wise makes the door open", etc. A roll is somehow dull to me, and I much prefer my players acting as if they are in one of my favorite movies...



PS: Re-reading this post I began to suspect that my words can be misunderstood. I honestly don't think that people who use die-rolls for secret doors are suckers, dullards or anything else. I just wanted to explain how I handle it, and trying to be funny. And I especially like The Lands of Ara very much (so much that I actually check it daily).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11